BOOK A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION
Training Position for Associate Psychotherapists — (candidates for MFT, CSW, and PCCI degrees)
We are seeking an associate psychotherapist to conduct therapy with individuals, couples, and families in a holistic and multidisciplinary setting.
The clinician will be a part-time employee and must enjoy and be enriched by a community of caregivers working together to support the health of clients and each other. Group consultation and other community-building activities are offered to create cohesion and enhance clinical skills. There is a culture of ongoing training and development that supports clinicians work and maintains a high standard of care for our clients.
The position requires a minimum of two evening shifts (4pm-9pm) and one weekend day shift (Saturday or Sunday). Please refrain from applying if these hours are not compatible with your needs at this time.
- Provide psychotherapy for couples, individuals and families.
- Keep a caseload of a minimum 15 client hours per week (up to 18 clients per caseload)
- Use clinic Electronic Health Record system for client record keeping, billing and scheduling
- Maintain active registration as intern
- Comply with legal and ethical standards as set forth by the state of California
- Be available on Tuesday mornings for group supervision
- Be available evenings and weekends for client sessions
- Exhibit cultural competence in diversity of race, culture, age, spirituality, gender, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background
- Commitment to an integrative mental health model and a desire to learn multiple models of intervention
- Enthusiasm about reading theory and research to hone assessment and intervention skills
- Ability to get along with colleagues
- Has accrued approximately 1500 supervised client hours — (outstanding candidates for fewer hours will be considered)
- Be willing to participate in community events (e.g., yearly staff retreat, community salons)
- Enthusiasm for the integrative health model and a desire to learn from practitioners of different disciplines
- Competitive hourly wage; commensurate with experience
- 5% pay differential for bilingual staff
- Facility use
- Two hours of group supervision weekly and 1 hour of individual supervision
- Appointment screening and booking for new client referrals
- Electronic Health Record use
- Bi-weekly clinical consultation
- Training stipend $500 per year
- Receive the support of dynamic, community-oriented colleagues
- Receive clinical support from many licensed professionals including MD’s, PsyD’s and licensed psychotherapists.
- Health benefits
- 401k plan
- Life insurance
Clinicians-in-training are expected to dedicate themselves to an intensive program of didactic and clinical learning, in order to achieve competence in assessment and the effective application of integrative psychotherapy with individuals and couples.
Well Clinic’s Psychotherapy Training program isis structured to not only provide an opportunity for clinicians-in-training to gain supervised clinical practice and didactic learning, but also to encourage their passion for lifelong learning of theory, research, and practice, and keeping abreast with the latest developments in the mental health field.
Successful clinicians in training will demonstrate the ability to identify areas of growth and engage in disciplined self-study of didactic material and openness to multimodal approaches to psychotherapy.
Well Clinic is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send in your CV and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your interest in the position. Please address the following topics in your letter, and try to keep it to one-page length:
Also, please address the following topics in your letter:
- What research, theories and modalities inform your assessment and interventions?
- What research, theory or modality currently inspires and informs your practice?
- What directions are you looking to grow as a clinician in the next few years?
- How many supervised hours have you accrued towards licensure at this time?
- Number of short-term and long-term adult psychotherapy cases, and number of couples cases that you have worked on
- Please confirm that you are able to work two evening shifts (4pm-9pm) and one weekend day shift (Saturday or Sunday).
- Please use your name and current date in labeling the file names of your CV and cover letter
Contact: Eric Mill, MFT, Director of Human Resources