BOOK A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION
Learn how to effectively interact with your fellow founders and executives
Just because you started a business with someone doesn’t mean you always see eye-to-eye. Counseling for co-founders is designed to help guide you and your business partners to a new way of relating.
As business co-founders or co-executives, you probably spend more time together than typical co-workers do. Your big decisions can affect the financial and emotional health of your employees, while a board of directors or investors may be looking over your shoulders. It’s a big responsibility, and conflict is a natural byproduct.
Do We Need Counseling for Co-Founders?
So often, our work relationships can assume rigid patterns that don’t promote alignment or collaboration. By working to unwind those patterns, you can establish new methods of communication, increase productivity and take you business to the next level.
The benefits of co-founder therapy is especially powerful when you were friends before starting a business together. Think counseling for co-founders as marriage therapy … from a business perspective.
In many ways, entering into a business partnership is very similar to getting married. With marriage, you and your partner are defining and committing to a life path with specific goals. You don’t know how life will pan out, but you’re in it together.
In order to succeed at marriage or business, you must excel at communication, compassion, collaboration and compromise. Counseling for co-founders can help get you there.
How Does Counseling for Co-Founders Work?
Conjoint sessions help by way of the following:
- Building safety and trust that can serve the relationship as well as the organization
- Identifying and naming power dynamics that impact the relationship
- Discovering communication tools that can help breakdown defensive strategies and increase collaboration
- Managing conflict and engaging in repairs that feel restorative and rejuvenating
- Highlighting the strengths of the relationship that can help leverage the founders into transformation
- Developing skillful means of relating that can help executives move from insecurity to security with one another
MEET OUR COUNSELING FOR CO-FOUNDERS TEAM
I have to admit that I was initially quite skeptical about the value of an executive coach, but my co-founder and I have seen our relationship and individual leadership skills grow a lot since we started.
Every startup CEO should spend at least a month with these people.
Cameron has a unique ability to see the trade-off involved in any business decision, make a clear recommendation and point you to additional resources when needed.